Histomat: Adventures in Historical Materialism

'Historical materialism is the theory of the proletarian revolution.' Georg Lukács

Saturday, January 24, 2009

A People's History of Wales

My week-long visit to Wales when I was about ten years old on a school trip (rock climbing, abseiling, getting rained on, kayaking, watching England crash out of the 1990 World Cup on a tiny hand held television with appalling reception, etc) doesn't for some reason feature in Siân Ruddick's brief introduction to the rich tradition of working class struggle in the country, but given I don't discuss Welsh history much on my blog, I thought I would overlook this fact and link to it none the less...

Raising the Red Flag for Worker's Rights
Unrest rolled out across the valleys
Smashing the myth of a united Wales

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home