Histomat: Adventures in Historical Materialism

'Historical materialism is the theory of the proletarian revolution.' Georg Lukács

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eamonn McCann on Alex Higgins

Since I don't have time to do a proper blog post about anything just right now, I will instead simply do a round up of odds and ends that have interested me of late. First up, two tributes which are well worth reading - Eamonn McCann on the snooker star Alex Higgins and Victoria Brittan on Basil Davidson, a pionnering historian of Africa. Secondly, for those interested in Marxist history, the new John Saville Internet Archive and the new Marcel Liebman Internet Archive are well worth a look. Thirdly, the existence of a scab operation amidst the current great Tolpuddle Martyr's Tour Guides Strike remains well, an anomoly - to put it mildly. Finally, I guess I should have linked ages ago to Charlie Brooker's savaging of the Twilight phenomenon, while it seems my namesake Snowball is going to be starring in a new musical by Elton John of all people. I guess I should be feeling honoured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home